Corporate Trust Services > Mortgage-Backed Securities
From its inception in 1987, Computershare, through its predecessor companies, has served as the exclusive central payor and transfer agent (CPTA) for the National Housing act's (NHA) mortgage-backed securities program – the only such program in Canada. We have since issued in excess of 13,000 mortgages pools in Canada.
With a securitized portfolio of more than $679 billion and over $1.8 trillion in outstanding debt under administration, Computershare has an unparalleled experience base for trustee and agency services in the Canadian securitization market.
With a warehouse of more than 250,000 mortgages valued at over $170 billion, Computershare is the largest Title Custodian service provider in the Canadian MBS industry.
Integrated and comprehensive CPTA services to all mortgage-backed securities issuers, investors and interested third parties. These include:
- Secure document custody
- Web based pool trading data reports
- Web-based pool payment analysis and pre-payment/liquidation
- Historical pool payment and trading factor information
- Early maturities report
- New issues report
Other Roles we play:
- Custodian of documents and data relating to the pooled loans and issuers, on CMHC's behalf, for the life of the pools.
- Title Custodian of mortgages.
- Indenture Trustee for Canada Mortgage Bonds Program.
- Custodian of the trust assets for Canada Housing Trust no. 1.